Hendersonville Internship Opportunity:
Marketing Interns will gain hands-on experience and knowledge of how a small theatre company works and will work closely with our entire staff to assist with marketing and public relations initiatives.. The staff will provide each intern with training, guidance and professional knowledge. We strive to give our interns rewarding projects and rare and exciting learning experiences. Projects will emphasize digital content creation, marketing strategy & planning, market research, sales analysis, and outreach. The interns are exposed to different aspects of marketing, promotions, advertising, patron loyalty, and public relations. Interns will have the opportunity to work with a real working advertising budget, assist on executing an advertising plan including creation of all ad materials for print & collateral pieces. Internships may also include the opportunity to plan and execute show promotions and outreach events. Additional duties may include updating social media sites, designing Playbills, assisting in distributing marketing materials to local partners within the community, and various administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Have creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent proofreading and writing skills
- Have a keen sense of organization and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter who enjoys seeing a project through to its completion
- Possess solid computer skills and the ability to use Google Workspace
- Have experience with social media
- Have the ability to multitask
- Initiate and follow through on projects
- Be open to accepting guidance and training
- Have an enthusiasm for marketing and/or the arts; in particular theatre
- Have experience with graphic design (a plus, but not required)
- Have experience in AP-style writing (a plus, but not required)
- Have experience with photo and video editing (a plus, but not required)
- Owns your own laptop or personal computer
The Commitment: We’re flexible. Stay with us for one or two semesters or for the whole year. Hours will be coordinated to fit your schedule. Some weekends and evenings may be required for special events. Positions can be in person or remote. We expect a strong work ethic and high standards of performance. In return, interns are treated as members of the staff and receive valuable hands-on experience. We ask that all interns be dependable, conscientious, and energetic. We work with students on establishing a weekly schedule that works with their classes and other obligations.
Compensation: College credit may be available through your school. Hendersonville Theatre will assist interns in meeting the credit requirements of their school, but all arrangements must be made by the intern. You do not have to be a current student to be considered. Samples for your portfolio. An impressive resume-builder. Intern positions are non-paid with no housing or travel stipend.
Deadline: We accept internship inquiries throughout the year. Send us your information and we’ll figure out the best time to have you join our team.
To apply, candidates must submit the following materials:
- Resume with references (documenting related experience)
- Cover Letter (including):
- Your career goals
- Your interest in the arts, particularly theatre
- What you have to offer Hendersonville Theatre
- Indicate the time frame in which you are available
- 2-3 samples of your work (college course work is acceptable)
Submit materials or questions to: