Hendersonville Theatre is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to inspiring, nurturing, enriching, empowering, educating, and challenging artists and audiences with theatrical productions that range from the classics to new works; we train and support the next generation of theatre artists; we provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning to a diverse community; and we celebrate the essential power of the theatre to illuminate our common humanity.
Hendersonville Theatre’s Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Hendersonville Theatre to advance its mission
We are currently looking for volunteer Board Members to serve on our board. Serving on the Hendersonville Theatre’s Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about theatre, the arts and leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector.
- Board members are expected to have the financial acumen to read and understand Hendersonville Theatre’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Board members are expected to devote 5-10 hours per month to volunteering at the theatre for non-artistic related duties.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Hendersonville Theatre to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the board and staff identify and solicit potential funders.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent Hendersonville Theatre to their respective communities and to advocate for Hendersonville Theatre’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Board terms last for two years and board members can serve for up to two consecutive terms.
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with expertise in the following area:
- Organization Management and
- Nonprofit Leadership
If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected].